01 April 2009

Well Aren't We Going to Have Fun ...

Just booked my first flight to Australia. I'm wanting to arrive on Sunday morning since I am going to have no friggin clue where my hubbie lives and will not have a key once the taxi driver drops me off at Gary's mystery place, so - this time he is coming to pick me up.

Soooo I'm thinking, OK, want to get there Sunday - will leave on Saturday - no problem. But every time I looked at the flight I was going to book there was this tiny (Mon) under the arrival time and that looked ALOT like Monday. So being the idiot that I am, called Quantas Airlines because for the price of this ticket, I WAS NOT going to mess up. It leaves late in the day (one flight only from LA to Brisbane daily) and gets in 'the next morning' as Gary says - but when you are leaving at 11:30 at night, the next morning means the next day next morning - that clocks over after you take off (OK, two days clock over while you are in flight) are you with me?

Yeah, so I had to book a ticket for Friday (May 1st) to arrive in Australia on Sunday (May 3rd). WHAT PART OF THIS SOUND FUN? Oh, yeah and Gary is going to give me a large suitcase to bring with me since anything that comes via air gets to him sooner than his shipment coming on boat (10 weeks). And since schlepping luggage through the airport is my favorite thing to do (my purse backpack, my huge camera backpack (with all my cameras and their accoutrement's), my own suitcase and Gary's suit case) it is just getting funner by the minute. And yes - I only have to worry about the suitcases until I get to curb check in (soooo worth the tip to the porter), but since I am driving, I think I will have to take the shuttle from long term parking (since you can't abandon your car ..... ooooh, but if I can pull up right by him, maybe I can pull it off) but probably pulling two big bags and carrying a huge heavy backpack and apparently holding my purse by the strap in my mouth through the parking lot to the shuttle (this is my most hated part of traveling by air).

Damn, this better be a freaking pretty country.

I HATE to fly.

4 comments:

Laura said...

As much as I would love to see Australia, I would not like the whole process of getting there. That does not sound fun - at all.

Leslie said...

I hope your trip is a blast!! SO happy for you.

Jennifer said...

I road trip. Rules out Australia.

Vicki said...

Australia is WONDERFUL. It is so worth the trip. You are going to love it!