09 April 2009

"Happy Feet"

Guess what day it is? Six months ago I posted my infamous Yearly Well Woman Exam post and snapped a photo of my feet. Little did I know that it would become Sarah's and Jen's all time favorite photo of mine - which comes as quite a blow as I would like to think I have taken some pretty photos, maybe not ... (Jen did rescind just the other day).

And being cursed for writing said post, the fates decided that I needed to experience it all over again six months later. It is fun sitting around for six months waiting to retest to see if you have cancer - but actually discovered today wasn't that test - it is the test that, if abnormal again, THEN I get to go in and be tested to see if I have cancer. Maybe they will tell me I have to wait a year or something for that one ....

Got to wait an hour in these:

And I did bring a jacket this time so the arctic temperature was not so bad.

So in honor of my 'I will only post photos of my feet on this blog' motto (OK except for those a few weeks ago of my engagement and wedding photos) I bring you a slide show of where my feet have been in the past six months (and it is a paltry set - I need to be much more diligent or go to more exotic locales ...):




6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Excuse me - Hawaii?! Carribean cruise?!! Those toes have been quite exotic places. And I do have to say that your photos are extremely gorgeous. I don't know why the feet appeal to me. Cute toes, I guess.

Jennifer said...

Did you know that you always cross your left foot over your right?

Lori Hurst said...

You mean there is something, well, weird about me? Who knew?

Laura said...

I have had the dreaded abnormal pap smear (I assume that's what you are talking about). I went back six months later, it was abnormal again. My doctor said come back again in six months, if it's still abnormal then we'll do more testing. Fortunately, when I went back the third time, it was normal. And it's been normal ever since. It seems to be a fairly common occurrence.

Love the feet pictures!

Lori Hurst said...

The test found 'squamous cells' - I don't know about yours. The icky part about it is when you wiki "squamous cell" (as, of course, I would do) - it always comes up with 'squamous cell carcinoma', never just 'squamous cell' - it's that last little word there that bothers me.

If I 'fail' this test, she said a biopsy is next - whoooo hoooo!!!!

Court said...

This is a very original post! Your feet were made for traveling! Soon we will see your feet from Australia. :)