30 April 2009

Not Gone Yet ...

Save those prayers for Friday (tomorrow as I write this). I got lots of comments yesterday of 'pray for you tomorrow' and I want to make sure they make it 'upstairs' at the right time! I would hate to not reap the benefits just because I was a day late!

Gary called me at exactly 5:02 this morning and told me that he had good new and bad news. He then said he really had bad news and good news. He was supposed to meet with the dude that sets up wireless Internet in his apartment from 12:00 - 5:00 on whatever day it was he was calling me on ... lets see, it is our Thursday ... OK it was his Thursday. So he is supposed to get cable installed from 12:00 to 5:00 and he goes home from work and waits, and waits and waits - then calls when he does not show and finds out the guy came and hour early, no one was home so he left. While Gary was waiting they called and said his spanking brand new Rav4 car was ready and he could come pick it up, but he needed to stop by the bank and cut the check for the price of the car and then go pick it up, but since he was waiting for the cable guy - could do neither of those things. He called me (lets see if it was 5:02am my time and they are plus 15, add 3 to 5 and get 8:02 pm instead of am) OK he called me at 8:02 pm his time on Thursday and he was absolutely seething. It was scary even through the phone - the hatred he has for the wireless company is enormous! He apparently was doing it by going in and standing in line and working with apparently assholes every time that said they would set it up, change it to the correct 1 year policy rather than the 2 year policy lied about it. He's now found out you could apply online so he was at work rescheduling the wireless Internet and it will be installed next Thursday - and I will be there so there will be no problem with no one being home. I think in his 'wireless cable guy' rant that this is the good new part is that we are actually getting it - he told me that it has been by far the hardest thing he has done and could care less if there is Internet now in his apartment - which scares me to death - I might die if I am at the apartment for weeks and can't get my online fix. Just my inbox will die - I get hundreds of e-mails a day.

Gary told me I could take pictures and write my blog and just download them on Thursday - I thought it was sweet that he was worried about how I was going to get my blog up to date - since it is a stupid, silly blog! As if y'all care that I miss 1 week of blogging! I find it sweet.

So I will be out of blog land for a week starting after I leave some nasty note tomorrow right before I leave about hating to travel. Oh, and I am assuming that at some point between this minute and when I walk out out the door that I am going to have a major panic attack (and will probably feel the need to blog it) that I am leaving Ryan home alone to take care of the dog, get himself to seminary, not burn the house down, not have kegger parties, not have his girlfriend over ... OK I must stop the panic is starting and I have too much to do to worry about this now, I will do it later....

Off to the store to buy stuff Gary forgot to get ...

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

The funniest part - no offense to Ryan - is imagining him with his girlfriend on his lap, sitting on a keg, with a torch in his hand, watching the dog run amok down the street. Let Gary know that we appreciate his care and concern for our online needs. He's a good man.

Laura said...

For some reason I was thinking yesterday was the 30th. Which, in my mind, would have made today the 1st, or the day I knew you were leaving. I think I'm just ready for April to be over (it seems to have dragged on forever), so I moved things up a day.

Just to be on the safe side, good luck traveling tomorrow. I hope your flight (or flights, depending on how many you have to take) go smoothly and are all on time. Good luck schlepping your bags through the airport too.

I am very bummed about your internet. Thursday is a long time to leave us hanging about how your trip is going. I think you need to search out a place with wireless internet.

Do you want me to drive by your house periodically? I can check for strange cars at strange hours. Make sure the place is still standing. I will also grill the boys about Ryan's Seminary attendance, and let you know if he starts to miss.

Lori Hurst said...

Thanks Laura. Anything you wold like to do would be helpful. He's a good kid, but he is having serious problems with seminary so it would be great to know if he is going. We do let him miss one day a week because he has insomnia and on a night he doesn't fall asleep till late he sleeps in and just goes to school - so that will continue but hopefully that is all he misses - he already has two days to make up.

I really don't think anything is going to happen, but that is what every parent says - right?

Kristie said...

I loved Jen's imagining what Ryan might do, but Ryan is an awesome kid and you have no reason to worry.