04 April 2009

The Devil as my co-pilot...

Morning Conference is over, now just waiting, with Charlie, for our outing: Sonic's Happy Hour - starting a 2:00.

2:10, Ready to go, Charlie, as usual goes berserk. Get outside and she picks up Oscar the Grouch.

"Oscar is not coming with us Charlie .... Oh, well, whatever."

Charlie sits with Oscar clenched in her mouth waiting for me to open the garage door.

We get in the garage and she immediately drops Oscar directly behind the back wheel.

"Is this premeditated murder or is it assisted suicide? I mean Oscar does seem to be the Muppet to end it all - other than Eeyore - I can't believe he hasn't offed himself yet - Oh, wrong story, my bad."

Charlie just stares at me with a "just open the car door already" look.

"Whatever", I open the door, Charlie jumps in, I get in - and we are off.

Charlie tries to sneak toys into her ride (or try to kill them) most every time that we are going somewhere in the car. Somehow her toy selection has grown, in fact I really don't know where one of them came from. She has deposited a variety of friends at the door when I tell her that the wet stinking stuffed animal that lives outside and probably has a little nest of mice inside it - is not going for a ride with us.


But my all time favorite? Lucifer.

You heard me: Satan. (Little red and black dude up there)

Don't even ask me where we got it. It's not like Oscar and was a 'Jessies-toy-that-Charlie-stole', it has always been Charlies. I think I saw it somewhere and thought it hysterical at the time as a toy for Charlie since I thought it would scare her (bad, bad me). When you squeeze its stomach it says in a really creepy, evil voice "The Devil made me do it! Ha, Ha, Ha, HA, HA!"

She has freaked out more than one person who, unwittingly comes upon an innocuous black dog with a red and black toy in it's mouth that starts speaking in a very evil voice - most just start looking around frantically - it's actually really fun to watch - I have only seen two people, the others have just 'thanked' me for the introduction to satan.

On the drive to Sonic today I was wondering what the neighbors behind us - that are very often outside on their pimped out patio, complete with roof and ceiling fans - think of me as I am talking to Charlie as we are going for our rides.

Just a sampling of things I have said to her as we were going on our 'outing' (satan is her favorite, and amazingly after, well ... Ike and such storms, is still speaking):

"Charlie, satan is not invited"

"Satan or me ... you choose"

"Dude, the devil is not my co-pilot ... today, drop it"

"Stay with satan, I don't care."

"I'm enough evil to fill the car, drop him"

"Put satan down and come on!"

"No evil backseat drivers today, Charlie"

"Little devil stays, big devil - get your butt over here!"

"Too many devils in the car already, satan stays"

All usually accompanied with satan speaking and laughing devilishly. ... I think the neighbors probably know that I am not right in the head ... you think?

So ..... Oscar. Well, who am I to judge ... he bit it:


Extreme closeup:

See - he's smiling ... happy to be dead. Charlie tried to pull him out but couldn't do it, sort of shrugged and did a whatev's sort of move and walked out the door.

Man, Gary needs to get home SOON!

8 comments:

Alisha said...

Your poor neighbors! LOL

Sarah said...

That was hilarious. I can't even imagine what your neighbors think having heard you say those things. I need to see what Lucifer looks like. Please post a close-up shot. Also I don't think it was an assisted suicide. Oscar actually likes being grouchy and surly. He likes ruining other people's day and making them feel bad. He always laughs about it. Plus he's got that pimped out trash can that has an elephant in it. He must have crossed Charlie one too many times. I bet the devil made him do it.

Lori Hurst said...

Ha! I will get a photo and post it in just a bit. I like my title just opposite the title that says I'm going to Heaven - I find the juxtaposition hilarious.

HAD I KNOWN that Oscar had a new roomie - an elephant you say (this is news to me, but I have not actually watched Sesame Street for quite a few years)? I might have understood that is was premeditated murder (with, of course help from the devil). Now I have killed and innocent elephant ... but by the creepy way 'Dead Oscar' is smiling? I'm thinking that is maybe what was intended all along - killing off the roomie...

Then again, by the way Charlie is acting today (no frisbee for WAY too many days) I'm thinking she is possessed, so there is that ....

A.J. said...

Lori, I noticed that you took some time to look at my blog thought I should do the same. I really like the photos and special affects/treatments. The elephant thingy was called Mr. Snuffleupagus he was Big Birds best friend. I'll drop in time to time, thanks again A.J.

Lori Hurst said...

Thanks, and welcome! Thanks for the heads up on Mr. Snuffleupagus - I remember him, just don't remember him being Oscars roomie!

Jennifer said...

I can't stand how funny this is! The Satan routine would win whatever awards they give to hilarious people. I'm sure it isn't any weirder to argue with a dog about Satan than it is to sit outside in a room that is missing walls. Oh, wait, that's a porch? Do you even want to be outside?

Sarah said...

No, no, no. Yes Mr. Snuffalupagus was on Sesame Street and he was Big Bird's best friend. He actually looked like a mammoth to me. But Oscar had a trash can with an elephant in it. I can't remember his name but his grey trunk would always pop out when he talked to him. They did stuff like that to make it seem like Oscar's trash can was really big. He had a swimming pool in there and the water would splash out of the top of the can when people were swimming in it.

Lori Hurst said...

OK, now I feel like I need a "Who's Who on Sesame Street" book. I am very confused!

By the way, Charlie, and her magical powers - picked up Oscar off the garage floor today and totally resuscitate him! No Worries!!