02 April 2009

It's Gettin' Too Real ...

I just drove to the bank and transferred money into Gary's account in Australia.

He is applying for two apartments today (you have to apply and the renter picks who will live there). One is way cool - 30th floor right by where he works so he would walk to work. It has a 180 degree view of the river walk (think San Antonio and multiply it by 4 and add more parks). So sounds fun. The movers are scheduled to come mark everything leaving the house on the 15th and pack on the 18th.

I am getting this all via e-mail right as Linda asks me what in the world are we doing? At the moment I did not really have an answer for her ... I don't even know if I answered her. But I do have an answer ... and it is a good one.

I would walk on hot coals to make Gary happy - since he spends so much time keeping me sane and making me happy. And this job is going to be fun and he is really enjoying it. When I think of that ... all the swirlys in my stomach go away and I know we are doing the right thing and that we will make it work.

It is just a wee bit scary. But so was Norway and it became the greatest adventure I have had in my life. So I look forward to this mini Australian adventure. And even though the travel is going to be a bitch, I will see Gary more than I am seeing him now - and I will get to go discover Australia. Lots of mini trips while Gary is working and then bigger adventures on the weekend with Gary. I don't mind adventuring alone ... done it before - just never with snakes, tarantulas, scorpions, and other creepy crawlies! Who wouldn't want to do that? Huge adventure!

Ready or not ... here we go
.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hey, we have . You adventure with snakes, tarantulas, and creepy crawlies here every day. Australia will be a piece of (gorgeous, historic, exciting, romantic) cake. I hope you get the good apartment.

Cherri said...

You are awesome - have such a head on your shoulders and are being such a good sport (at least on the blog! Who knows in real life) It will get better, you will figure things out and still find a way to be the tour guide of your family. I think you should invite me to come along with you on one of your adventures to Australia - Ash and I are game, and we could probably talk STeve into the adventure too - after all, when will we ever have a home base in Australia to work out of again?

Shel said...

An adventure it will be! And, you have a great attitude about it with wonderful support for Gary and yourself in your own ability to make it through this job assignment. We all look forward to all the great posts and photos of your of your fun trips out there.