02 April 2009

Lori's 'Red Room'

I did my 'close my eyes and pick a folder' method and got photos of our house in Norway. We had a strange way of referring to the rooms. When the movers were carrying things into the house, it was very easy to say 'put it in the yellow room' or 'put it in the gray room' since each room was painted a different color. We still called the rooms that when the movers were moving stuff out of the house two years later.

The actual library - a room with a fire place and 3 walls covered in shelves, we called the 'Red Room' since it was red, but since it became my sanctuary the boys called it 'Lori's Room'. I spent hours in there reading a book, with a fire burning, surrounded by my treasures: things I found on my travels and all my books which I consider treasures. I could just sit and soak in the heat from the fire and on winter mornings soak in the sun - it was truly my 'destination Relaxation'.

And for the scrapbooking - I decided to rip the crap out of every thing and curl them! Don't know why, except I wanted to know how to do it ... but it does not look so great here. I need to put an overlay of grunge on it so that it looks like it got run over by a car!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

My dream is to have a library. A red one. I am not even kidding.