03 March 2010

So There ...

So, today, as Gary was leaving to go order some cheapie glasses to work out in the garage in at Sams I was pretend sulking ... and said:

Lori: "But, what if my graphics card comes while you are gone?"

Gary: "I guess you will have to wait until I get back home."

Lori: "Are you SERIOUSLY saying that I can't do this myself?"

Gary: "I am SERIOUSLY saying that you can't do this by yourself. I have had the case open 3 times in the past few days - trust me."


WRONG THING TO SAY TO ME!!

It came while he was gone ... so I went to work. This sucker weighs a ton and sounds like a Bowing 747 taking off when you boot. I was a little afraid when I laid it down that I was going to drop it - but a few crushed fingers later - we were good to go:

Another, oh, I won't say how long it took me to figure out how to open it, but: proof positive:

I FREAKING GOT IT OPEN!!

Old, dead graphics card:

Brand spanking new graphics card:



Slot for graphics card (yes, guys - it is THIS DIFFICULT - uplug one and plug in the other ... OK, and then put your entire computer system back together - but you just took it apart, so how hard can that be, right?)


And ... voilĂ  ... HAPPY GIRL!!!


Dude, don't EVER tell me that I can't do something!!!

Up until he came in and freaked that I had actually done it, I REALLY, REALLY thought this was a TOUGH LOVE scenario - now I know the bitter truth: he REALLY, REALLY didn't think that I could do it ...







Here's the thing - DON'T EVER mistake laziness on my part for incompetence ...







EVER ...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Betcha can't clean my garage.

Lori Hurst said...

OK, Sarah? Yeah - part of it really IS lazyness - ain't gonna clean your garage! (But excellent try ...)

Cherri said...

Betcha can't plan a great vacation for me in Australia! (and I KNOW this is your area of expertise!)

Lori Hurst said...

Cherri, name a date! Gary might not live there anymore - but I can whip up a great vacation for you - especially after April 8th - I will be home from my next adventure and we are going to Melborne and Cairns so I will have more experience in other areas of the country ...