25 March 2010

Take Off!


Sorry - added a title since my writing was all screwed up ...


Having a wonderful time in Cairns – except for all the blasted rain!


I am using the business lounge computers – with a time limit since I don’t want to pay the enourmous fees for my personal use – so the photos will be at the bottom of this and look – unfinished. And one I had to upload again - so is above the type - so - really, really bad!


I included a photo of a plane (above) I saw out my own aircrafts window – Qantas Aboriginal plane, I guess.


We are staying in a very lovely Hilton –right on the water. It is good that the room is so enjoyable, since I will be spending most of today in it!


Gary is scuba diving today – and go figure – not my thing. Anywhere where I might run into a shark face to face and not be able to come to the surface immediately is just not my thing!


He left this morning under cloudy skies and muttered something about our restaurant last night and going the opposite direction. Two minutes after he left for a 5 – 10 minute walk to the pier, with a ginormous scuba bag, it started pouring rain. I mean – buckets and buckets of rain! Poor guy – there is no way he didn’t get drenched. I am just glad he didn’t come back, since when I walked out – I went TOWARD the restaurant and found the pier. He probably wandered around lost for a bit – or, hopefully, I heard wrong!


It is rather windy, so his boat will be no fun – but in the water – scuba diving the Great Barrier Reef – I am hoping is a fantastic experience for him!


Tomorrow we are going to go on a road trip and hopefully get some great photos.


Later …







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lori, The greenery in the picture you posted looks like they could have been taken from the hanging gardens of Babylon. Are these out outside your apartment it looks beautiful? How did Gary's scuba dooba go? Hope you can reconnect to cyberspace soon.
Talk to you later.