27 March 2010

Here Comes the Sun ...

Ahhhh .... at the airport Qantas Business lounge with free wireless Internet and NOW things are working OK!

We have a few hours here since Gary was getting antsy in the hotel room. He said there was no room (a lie) and that we had cluttered it up so much he couldn't move around (he is a big boy - he could have cleaned it up ...) so we left for the airport early.

Before doing that - we went for a walk since the sun was starting to peek out. I was so excited to see sunlight I set my camera up with the filter to shoot directly in the sun and fired off this shot:


Weird, I know - sort of 'Eye of God' sort of 'ish. But realized that my camera was still at the room temp and was fogging up - thus needed a minute to acclimate and to wipe it down. By then, the sun was gone - never to be seen again. By the end of our walk it was raining.


Can't say the scenery is not beautiful, though:

The boats - big cruise ships down to wee little sail boats had not yet left - all mainly headed for the Great Barrier Reef:


I liked this one posterized - sort of let me pretend that there was blue skies!


And as we were walking, we realized that a race was on! It was skiers - way behind the speed boat that was pulling them. The just kept circling and circling - so I got some shots off:


All in all - we had fun. Probably won't be back, though - too many places to go, things to see. To bad the weather didn't cooperate for us ... but then -we have been rather lucky in the past.

Here's hoping for sunny skies in Melbourne ...

No comments: