29 March 2010

A Day in the Life of Brisbane ...


Posterized!

Yes - 'posterization' is a tool in Photoshop that I LOVE to play with. It can take a slightly out of focus photo and save it to be something usable, it can take a downright awful photo and make it look funky, and it can take a perfectly fine photo and make it ... different.

I like the way most things look posterized. Some things look better than other things. You can change the level of posterization, but the lower range (3 - 5) is where I like to keep my photos - to actually show that they are posterized, not just look 'funny'.

So with out further adieu, here is Brisbane in a day (except for the first one - outside of Brisbane but looked funky posterized):

Car Shop Outside of Brisbane:


Old Car Driving Down the Street:

Chinatown:


Manhole Cover in Chinatown:

Statue:


Weird Building Full of Globes with Weeds Growing in Them:

Old Hallows School:

Dusk in the City:

Dusk in the City:

Moon Over Story Bridge:

Sunset Over Story Bridge:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lori, not sure if it's at my end or your's but only about 1/3 of the pictures you posted came up, the rest come up with an error. Something about a Google server error.

Junkyard Dogs definitely funky

The Manhole Cover to the Brisbane Underground looks great!!

Dusk in the City: A picture of Armageddon one second after.

Moonrise over Story Bridge has a Jimi Hendrix hue.

If only we could posterize certain events in our life, the ability to take a crappy situation and with a bit of filtering and adjusting, create a masterpiece. It could be very appealing. Talk to you later. A.J.

Lori Hurst said...

Sorry AJ - just got up and saw your comment. They look good from here. When Gary wakes up I will check how they look on his Blackberry.

I did change some things on my blog - but thought that they only affected my 'comments' a while ago and 'hurrah' the dreaded 'anonymous' cannot find me - but maybe it is mucking things up a bit.

I will look around and see ...