12 March 2010

Literal

Gary is in Singapore right now - for work ... and quite a lot of play. He is there with two contractors and one is with his wife. She studied up on the place and came up with a series of activities. Gary asked if he could tag along since he is by no means a travel planner at all. So that is his plan. They have most of Friday and all of Saturday to play. When he called me Thursday morning (his Thursday night) he mentioned that she had said they were 'having breakfast with the orangutans' in the morning.

We thought this sounded a bit odd and thought that it was probably metaphorical. But having fun we descended into the inevitable 'poop throwing' jokes. Then we said our goodbyes.

Later, on my cell phone over at a church function, I get an e-mail on my Blackberry with just an attachment: a fuzzy image of an orangutan! Who knew! Breakfast with Orangutans!

Then, at 2:00am I am laying in bed wishing for sleep ... praying for sleep ... begging for sleep ... when my Blackberry starts flashing a red light indicating that I have new mail - so of course I open it.

Now he is just tormenting me:




I gotta say - if he doesn't sneak a baby orangutan home in his suitcase I am going to be VERY disappointed ...

No comments: