16 March 2010

Mine ... Only Not ...

So ... sitting here in LAX this time is a bit different than the other times I have been here. I took an earlier flight ... for reasons we won't go into here - so a longer wait until my lovely 14 hour flight to Australia ...

A while back I got a complimentary pass to the Qantas Lounge where generally only the First and Business Class are allowed. I had gained 'Silver' status - which, although it sounds all 'not quite first place, but still pretty cool' - it is so not. I don't even get to board the plane early - that is saved for the Gold and Platinum status. So, I guess just to dick with my head - they gave me a 'come and see what you are missing and will NEVER accrue enough points to ever come again' pass. And I decided to use it:

Complete with food, beverages and massaging chairs (no beds - I could REALLY use one right now ...) a wait staff and enough snootiness to, well fill the room. I am spread out over a couple of chairs and a table - eating, drinking and surfing ... when ...

All of a sudden, this was tugged into place:

As it says on the side - it is a Qantas 'Longreach' which is what I take to Brisbane - except this is the gate that is going to Sydney ...
.
.
So this is my living quarters here soon ... for 14 plus hours ...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
but not ....

No comments: