27 March 2010

HWIAAR

That would be HWIAAR - "h-why are". Gary was feeling very left out the first time I pulled a 'SWMBO' and used it in a complete sentence ... directed at him. I guess he hadn't truly walked through who was going to get to 'use' this acronym and who was going to just be the recipient!

So: HWIAAR - we (OK, he) have been using it for years but just put it in acronym form.

He Who Is Almost Always Right

Which is most definitely Gary. And TRUST ME ... that first 'A'? It took years and years for him to figure that part out!

*******

Note: Gary is as bored as I am in the Qantas lounge and avoiding planning his institute lesson, and just handed me a note about 'HWIAAR': and I quote: "The first 'A' is a contingency and is there out of a small sense of humility. However it is so infrequently needed that it could safely be removed shortening the acronym to HWIAR".

Yes - THAT IS MORE LIKE MY HUSBAND ... (maybe it should just be a little a?)

No comments: