10 February 2010

Teton Triptych Test


Ah, I remember the day well. Just left Yellowstone and a rousing photo session in our nations first National Park. Driving down the highway we encounter Lake Teton and a perfect mirror reflection of the Teton Mountain range!

Of course, I needed photos ...

Made it into a triptych, just to see if I could ...



Pretty, no?

Pretty, maybe - but totally fake.

There is no Lake Teton (there is a Teton Lake, but this ain't it) just a mountain range. Just wanted to see what I could do with the photo. Saw the triptych in a magazine and thought it would be a good exercise to work on that 'distorting perspective' some more.

Avoiding sleep. My smoke detector is keeping me company with it's random shout out. It actually screeched at me twice one hour this afternoon. What makes it do that? It just decides I'm not paying enough attention to it and so it gets into a snit? It is sulking right now, thank heavens. Will be keeping the bedroom door closed until Gary gets here next week. I'm not lazy - I just cannot reach our high ceilings even from the very top step of the ladder, which is probably good, since rather than gently unplugging the little shit and changing its' batteries, I would probably just take a baseball bat to it ....

I hate being short ...

Now the big decision - just clocked over to Thursday ... What to do, what to do?

Think up another project to keep my addled brain occupied?

Finish reading the book I started today titled: "Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi/400D"? I'm currently on page 134 and it is a FASCINATING read! I would read up on my camera settings, take photos on each setting, load them into my computer and then I was able to look at them, compare them, zoom in on them while reading what my camera was doing when it took that photo! Helped tremendously in having things make sense and fall into place.

Major milestone today: I put my camera on 'manual' and set the ISO setting, f-stop and shutter speed to varying combinations to compare the photos and I ACTUALLY KNEW WHAT I WAS DOING!! I have been taking pictures for a long time to have finally put that task to rest.

Or do I just bite the bullet and go to bed?

That I am too tired to decide is sort of scaring me ...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I keep meaning to shoot in RAW but haven't. When I've tried reading my manual I don't last a paragraph. It means nothing to me. I do like Scott Kelby's digital photography books, though. More on my level. I have them if you're interested. Also, I have the cane toads book "Cane Toads: An Unnatural History." You couldn't make that stuff up! Good on ya for shooting in manual!

Lori Hurst said...

I have a lot of Scott Kelby's books - I do like his books.

I don't have the Cane Toad book, though - I will have to come get it - what a read!