02 February 2010

DONE!!!


Yes, folks, the crazy person has completed tagging all 42,663 photos (I removed some as I went - thus not 43,000'ish anymore)!!! I have even gone through my hundreds of keywords that I tagged the photos with and corrected spelling errors, added last names, etc. What card carrying member of the OCD gang wouldn't?

I still have not gone in to my ... well, gosh - I don't know where - to find ports of calls for the 3 cruises, small towns I ended up in on Wildflower tours, etc. It would be nice for every photo to have a city and a state - most do, but some are just states - and it is MAKING ME NUTS!

I can now find any photo I want just by entering in the key words and they are quite revealing:

Charlie: 1398
Jessie: 716
Ryan: 1015
Gary: 1068

Hey - when the kids or Gary can catch a Frisbee in their mouth on the fly - they will have more photo sessions too ...

Australia: 7509
New Zealand: 3173
Cruise: 4281
Norway: 7290
Prague: 2331

For living in Norway for 2 years and having only visited Australia 6(?) times that is sort of pathetic. It is a beautiful country - which is why half way I took up photography in the first place (note the 'half way' part - explaining the discrepancy).

And boy was my shutter clicking in New Zealand! One trip - has to be a record (that is 3 cruises up there with many ports of call).

Prague was just one trip too, but it included the BONE CHURCH!!! Who can't get hundreds of photos of an ossuary decorated completely out of hundreds of thousands of human bones?

My other key words that had 4 digit figures?

Flower: 3334

What can I say - there isn't a flower I can pass up ...

Home: 6321
Norway House: 3120
Oslo: 4484

Sunrise: 1711
Sunset: 1459

They do say any photo worth anything is taken at dusk or dawn for the angle of the light ... my numbers at least show I'm trying ... (OK, and I am an insomniac ... gotta have something to do while everyone is sleeping ...)

Wyoming: 2524
Yellowstone: 1360

And a whopping 5 digit: Texas: 10,070 (since, by definition it CAN'T be small!)

Off to keep refining and to group into Catalogs ...

3 comments:

Kristie said...

All I can say is that I don't think OCD is strong enough to describe this insanity!

Alisha said...

WOAH. That is all there is to say!

Cherri said...

Okay, Gary and Ryan, start working on your "catching the frisbee in your mouth while jumping jubilantly in the air" skills!

So did you have to have your math paper totally perfect before you would turn them in? I have a couple of OCD students, and one would recopy and recopy until it was perfect. Needless to say she was always behind in her homework!