01 February 2010

Never Gonna Happen ...


So, I went temporarily insane last night and decided to use a piece of software that I had previously decided would not work for me. Adobe PhotoShop Lightroom 2. What does it do, you ask?

Well, it is a very handy little tool that lets you upload your photos and tag them. So yesterday morning I decided to load in just 'My Pictures' on my computer - not 'Pictures' a higher level folder that has some of Gary's and my Fathers photos in it. It ended at 9:30 pm. I then spent 5 hours deleting all folders that were not mine - mostly Gary's or my fathers. And GARY - IT DID NOT DELETE THEM OFF THE COMPUTER - JUST OUT OF LIGHTHOUSE - CALM THE CRAP DOWN!!!

It is a handy little thing that will let you do some bulk editing, find your photos by date, folder, tag, etc. Shows all the cameras metadata and a histogram to show how good of a photograph you took (and luckily I just learned last week how to tweak those histograms to make your blah photos look spectacular).


I got my photos from some 55,000 to 43,225. That's some 11,000 photos! Problem is - I still have 43,000 photos. HAVE YOU EVER TRIED TO TAG 44,255 PHOTOS? Yeah, that's because you are not stupid.

So, I have typed in Oslo, Norway about a billion times - having started my photography hobby while we lived in Norway - didn't even own my very own camera until halfway through our two years there.

So - yeah - 43,000 photos is not a lifelong accumulation - I have issues ....I have strolled through Sweden, Denmark, Germany (twice), Rome, Paris and ... where did the morning go?

Got through to what I called 'Sibs Week' - May of 2006 - the year we moved back. And I CAN'T DO IT! I have been at this for hours and I am on photo 6733. But if I start Sibs Week - it is the week all 4 of my sisters and my Mom came over. And I will have to label them all, Kelli, Jodi, Jill, Marci, Marceil and I REFUSE. We went EVERYWHERE and I will have to tag that too.

So ... I'm thinking I am going to finish tagging my photos ...

.

.

.

.

.

.... maybe

.

.

.

.

.

... Never.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I have MAYBE a couple hundred photos on the computer, and I can't even tag them. You are a whole 'nuthah level.