04 February 2010

Some Times You Gotta Take One ...



A "Mental Health" Day, that is.

I liked the 'Real Simple' Quote of the Day today:

"I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once."

- Jennifer Yane

It seemed very apropos for me as of late ...


Went to bed a total and complete psycho last night, but knew I was so everything was fine. Except for that anxiety of going to bed - 'You won't sleep' that little voice whispers - and, oh my, how many times have I just lain there counting down the minutes until my self-imposed 'get up' time rolls around. I was STRESSED. I have sleeping pills, just in case you are wondering. My doctor says they should knock out a horse. Lying there, awake in the middle of the night - somehow that does not make me feel very good ...

Went to bed at about 10:30 and by about 11:45, I was asleep ... not too shabby! Woke up, rolled over and looked at my Blackberry charging on my nightstand: 4:57 am.

Hallelujah! Thank the sleep gods!!! I got over 5 hours of sleep!!! And that, for me, my friend, is absolutely fantastic.

Rolled over and WENT BACK TO SLEEP!!!

Was woken up by the phone ringing. I had enough sleep - this was just being a glutton. My hubby informs me that he has SMS'ed my son that he needed to come home for the weekend. It wasn't all that bad, was it? WAS IT?

Oh, and he can't get over my exceedingly gratuitous use of the carriage return in my blog. He thought pictures were missing. He didn't quite grasp I was really, really, REALLY stuck on one, single, solitary photo - so it sounded like the ramblings of a crazy person with too many carriage returns on her hands. Well ...

... it kinda was.









But I am fine, now, thanks.

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Ahhh - sleep! Congrats. When I was a teen, sleeping was my best talent. I didn't appreciate what I had.

Jennifer said...

That is hhhawesome (surfer style). Congratulations!!!