05 February 2010

Quote of the Day ...


If you have read my last blog, you would know that I might not have got much sleep last night - depending on your definition of what two hours of sleep is...

While snoozing this morning, plans were put in place for lunch with my two best friends. I got a call from Linda at 9:30 asking if today would be OK for lunch, it had been a while since we had been able to get together and I had cancelled in December with Bonne because I was sick and ended up not getting her Christmas present to her before she left to go out of town for the holidays.

I hemmed and hawed to Linda, being tired and in no shape to go 'do lunch'. She told me she would be by to pick me up at 20 minutes to 11:00.

Blink.


OK.


Blink.


9:30 - "Doing good, Lori - you have two hours before you need to get cleaned up and Linda gets here". Photo, tag, tag, tag, click, photo, tag, tag, tag, click, ...

10:30 - "Dude - go get ready ... shower, change your clothes ... something ...", "In a minute ...", ... click, photo, tag, tag, tag, click, photo, tag, tag ...

10:40 - Door bell rings ... "Wha ... ?"

With my music blasting, the dog jumping and me a disheveled mess, I open the door to Linda.

"I thought I had another hour"

Linda: "You should go to bed more often ... get some sleep" (OK, Linda is too nice to say it, it was the voice in my head, I admit it ....)

Out the door we go ...


as is ...


in all my disheveled glory ...


Linda could care less.

Linda and Bonne and, well ... me. Three very different individuals who enjoy getting together and just enjoy being together. The thing I love most of all about Linda and Bonne? They love me unconditionally ... and better yet - without blinking an eye at my - well - this whole ball of mess that is called 'Lori'. I don't phase them, and they don't phase me. I can say anything to them with no judgement, no recriminations ... and I do - say just about anything. We laugh - a lot, we cry - a bit, and in two or three hours reforge the connection between us that is so strong.

Linda and I arrive and get a table. As per our usual routine. Bonne is hard to describe. Impossible to describe. Today as she was explaining something about herself and I had told her she was just 'Bonne' - I mentioned that was a word in the dictionary ... to me. "Bonne". Fills every waking minute with activity, helping others, her social work job, church calling and pulls it off with flair from the toes of her stylish shoes to the top of her beautiful red head. She is unstoppable. She pulls no punches, holds her own and is an all round wonderful person. I love that she is totally honest with me. Refreshing.

She rushes in with the force of a locomotive behind her and spies us in the corner.


And says (and I quote):

"Linda!

I LOVE your hair like that -

pushed behind your ears

(turns her head and spots me, as if for the first time ...)

and ... Lori!

Your hair ...









is on top of your head!



She SO makes me smile!

1 comment:

Liz said...

you r the most talented writer. i enjoyed reading that like a passage out of a good book. those two ladies are definitely as good as it gets. everyone should have friends that good.