08 February 2010

sunset lake !tree


What does that mean? Yeah - you guessed it - it is a filter (a search if you will ...) in my database of, now, 42,514 photos. It says: "Show me all the photos that have sunsets, are at a lake, and don't have a tree as the primary focus"

Like this:

And this:

But NOT this:


I know, I know - I still look insane. Your comments made it very clear that I had somehow drifted over the edge ... But what part about my blog does not make it very clear that I am:

ODD?


INSANE?


UNBALANCED?


Every piece of it - so it is y'alls fault for not catching on until now ...

I am here to say that I AM SO OVER TAGGING. It is so LAST WEEK. I pretty much have it under control (with oh, I don't know, thousands of tags ...). I have been through each and every photo at least once and have tagged the thing I was taking a photo of and the location. The date is captured in the metadata so that would have just been redundant (or, of course I would have HAD to have done it ...). Don't know why I couldn't stop, but then again, there is always something else you can add, another tag, another search to see what you missed. I realized that it was a never ending task and really had to stop. So last Friday I tagged my last photo.


Somehow knowing that I can search on 'flower arrangement tulip' and come up with every photo I took of tulips not growing in the ground makes me sleep better at night. Will I EVER need to search for that? No. But ... sleeeeep .... I so need it!

Do I feel more sane on this 'tag-free' week? Not really ....

Just relieved that it is over.

2 comments:

Liz said...

I love your insane ways. you are one talented organizer.

Cherri said...

My problem with organizing is that I can never be consistant with my labels or filing methods - as is evidenced by the files names I come up with. So the fact that you can even conceive of "flower arrangement tulip" and realize that you wanted to differentiate between tulips in the ground and tulips not in the ground is amazing. I bow to your superior (if majorly OCD) organizing talent.