22 February 2010

Apparently a Post is in Order ...

So ... Ryan tells me my last blog was nowhere near understandable. It made perfect sense to me! How can you not read my mind!

So ... here's the thing ... I wandering around in Wiki Land trying to find something clever I could say about February 22nd and all (and since we are on a campaign to clear up any confusion - Gary's birthday is February 22nd) when I stumbled on the MOTHER LOAD of "February 22-ness'':


WORLD THINKING DAY!!!


Yes, February 22'nd is World Thinking Day. Which I find very cute in a ginormously profound sort of way ... It even tells you what to think about: Scouting and 'Guiding' (which is a parallel movement to Scouting). As Wiki states: "It is a day to think about the meaning of Guiding and Scouting and about Scouts and Guides in all the countries of the world."

So ... during this excessive amount of thinking about Scouting and Guiding - I'm thinking (hah!) that maybe, in some form, the question would arise "Who was the wing nut that came up with this idea?" And I would be ready for them - THE MAN himself: Robert Baden-Powell - the founder of Scouting. AND he chose this day to be World Thinking Day not only because it was his birthday, but that it was his wife's birthday (Olave Baden-Powell) also. MATCHING BIRTHDAYS! How precious is that?!

So .... I was asking for someone famous born on February 22nd whose wife was born on the same day. Perfectly normal question to be asking ... OK,


not really ....



never mind ....


It might have been sleep deprivation - notice the post time

but! even as we speak (OK, you're reading ... I'm ranting ...) my husband is climbing to cruising altitude on his way home for a week long vacation!

3 comments:

Court said...

world thinking day! who'd have thought??

Lori Hurst said...

Couldn't pass that one up, could you?!?

Cherri said...

World thinking day on the birthday of my brother, a world class thinker (and do-er). Love ya Bro