07 February 2010

Disapearing Acts


Today's theme? Disappearing Acts ...

Gary is currently on a plane (well, I really don't know how long the flight is, he might be off) to disappear into the jungles of Papa New Guinea for a week - complete with malaria pills, insect proof clothing and only his height to scare of the bandits holding up people on their project - apparently for lunch money ...

I pulled my regular disappearing act in Church by sneaking out seconds before everyone gets up and says 'hey' to each other to meet Ryan who went and got Jessie for me. Not an ideal situation, but a good day to have Jessie - and afternoons are best. Dagnabit church changed from 9:00am to 1:00pm in a blink of an eye and I am still trying to figure out what to do ....

Jessie came in the house and I thought: "I could topple her with my pinkie" - she is getting so small. She is disappearing right before my eyes (thanks to a 'no pantry' zone that she lives in and the diet she is on):

A little over a year ago:

Today (yeah - it WAS the best facial expression I caught ....):

As soon as Ryan dropped off Jessie, he carried out his hermetically sealed sofa table (sigh) and loaded it in his truck. Did a walk through to see if he had left anything while he was here and was out the door in a flash. Back to San Antonio until Gary summons him to come baby sit me again ...

Jessie and I settle in for our usual round of:

Jessie: "Mom"
Jessie: "Mom!"
Jessie: "Mom!!!"
Jessie: "MOM!"
Jessie: "MOM!!!"

Lori: "What?"

Jessie: "Nothing, Mom"

Jessie: "Mom"
Jessie: "Mom"
Jessie: "Mom!"
.
.
.
.

(we can actually play this for HOURS .... it is part of her problem with perseverating)

We are suddenly interrupted from a rousing session of MOM!!!! by the doorbell. Weird - we NEVER get visitors ...

It is the neighbor: "I think your dog is out - I saw her run around the corner."

I thank her profusely and curse Ryan YET AGAIN for leaving the gate open. I mean ... he's only moved out of the house 7 months ago - IS IT SO HARD TO REMEMBER WE HAVE A DOG?

So pretty much at this point of the day - EVERYBODY has made a disappearing act - in some form or other ...

Got the dog back ...

Didn't beat her ....

The only thing that I can see that seems to be APPEARING rather than DISappearing around here?

Ryan's hair:

Nov 2008:

Sept 2009:

Yesterday:


Dude ... I'm begging you - GO GET YOUR HAIR CUT!!! I'll pay! I'll give you extra!!! I won't make creepy photos of you and post them on the web anymore!!!






Oh, and a shave would be nice, too .....






Thanks ever so much ....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think hair variability is in the genes. Greg goes from a shaved head, to one inch long all over, to long and shaggy. I think Ryan's hair looks great! I love that it is so curly. If Ryan is like his cousin, the more you mention getting it cut - the less likely it will ever see a pair of scissors.

Thanks for the new vocabulary word. Perseveration. I just thought she liked to ask the same question a lot. She used to want to know where Mom was or where Dad was. Is this more of the same behavior, or something different?

Lori Hurst said...

She has always done this and the doctors called it 'perseverating' a part of OCD. It gets annoying after about 1000 times on the same question ....

The trick is to 'redirect' but that is easier said than done!