06 November 2008

Ryan

Recieved this text from Ryan a little while ago. It totally made my day. He's not one to say things like this so it makes it all the more special.


Have I mentioned what a wonderful kid he is? I know it is just 'mom' talking, but his kindness, his patience with Jessie, his compassion and maturity beyond his years makes me so proud to be his mother. He is my friend and we can talk about anything. He watches out for me when I am ill, makes me laugh when I am depressed and tries so hard to be a good son, it pains me to watch him struggle.

I am one very lucky mom.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Thanks for sharing. What a sweet son.I have not met him yet!

Liz said...

Ryan is so great. I love him! I'm sure he thinks I have no business loving him but I just do! He has such a sweet, tender way about him. I always say "Hey Ryan!" in the hall to him at church and he looks up from his staring at the floor (probably cuz he sees me coming) and smiles and says "Hi." I'm walking off thinking "I love that Ryan Hurst!" and he's probably walking off thinking "Who is that lady?"

Jennifer said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Dude's a catch!

Lori Hurst said...

He's staring at the floor because he is shy - and he is a cutie isn't he?

Laura said...

Isn't it nice when your kid surprises you like that?

You've have a couple of good "I love you" moments in the past month. It's time to go for Mom of the Year!