12 November 2008

Cleaning Lady

I love our cleaning lady. If I didn't think it would scare the crap out of her - I would give her a big hug.

When I came back to Houston, I started getting sick again. Generally heavy duty housecleaning would put me in bed. We heard of Alma from someone in the Ward, she does everything I don't care to do and costs about the price of a tank of gas (OK, Gary's truck tank and at the expensive gas prices - but it helps me justify it in my head). I have her come every other week.

It is my deep, dark secret. Just paint a big 'L' on my forehead - I am such a loser that I cannot clean my own house. So - big secret. Well, not now....

She usually comes on Tuesday, but this week - she is coming today (Wednesday). It is great that she does all the heavy duty stuff, but I love that it forces me to clean the house. The house has to be in order - everything put in its place, the kitchen clean, etc for her to actually do her stuff. So it forces me to clean up and having to do this every two weeks means nothing gets really out of control. OK, except my closet - I still have my cruise packing stuff strewn on the floor, but since I will be packing for Hawaii next week, I'm thinking - what's the point? So I just shut the door on my closet and she does not go in there.

I generally do the laundry and de-cluttering / organizational stuff while she is here since I feel I need to do something while she is scrubbing, dusting, mopping, vacuuming and polishing. This means one of my most vile chores - laundry - gets progressed. Bonne was surprised that I hated to do laundry. I am very OCD about my laundry - everything washed a particular way. My whites load is 3 hours and 15 minutes long: a sanitizing and whitening program. I bought a really cool front loading washer since I got spoiled using a front loading Miele washer in Norway. Her mistake was equating my love / obsession with clean clothes with doing the laundry - two very, very different things.

The super thing about cleaning day? When she walks out the door - regardless of the mood I have been in ... it becomes a great day and I am in a wonderful mood.

I love a clean, really clean house. Actually ... who doesn't?

1 comment:

Laura said...

I want a cleaning lady!