02 November 2008

I Love Boats

8:00am. I am sitting on a deck chair, level 3. The sun has cleared the horizon and then some. It kisses my face and body and warms my aching muscles. My camera is by my side and a diet coke is within easy reach. The cool breeze offsets any discomfort from the sun. I am alone; hundreds of deck chairs, stacked up and no one around. The boat gently rocks and makes a hypnotic splashing sound as it cuts through the waves. Blue is everywhere: the light blue morning sky, the sapphire blue of the water and everything in between. Everything calms, there is nothing to agitate. I am at complete and total peace.

What's not to love?

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'll follow pictures of your toes wherever they may take me!

Cherri said...

I didn't see your Halloween post - so I'll have to check back and see if it is hung up in transit. Enjoy the sun!

Lori Hurst said...

You noticed the feet! I decided they could be my own little travel gnome.