08 November 2008

Hummingbird's

I thought I would post something more pleasant today. No swarming babies, just hummingbird's.
After taking a few photos of hummingbird's resting on the feeder perch, my father - an excellent photographer - said it was easy to get good shots of hummingbird's at rest. The trick, he said, was getting a good shot of a hummingbird in flight. The icing on the cake, for me was getting a shot of a hummingbird in flight just as the sun was rising.

Picked hummingbird's to post because I remembered something. I wanted to get photos of the sunrise, so I rose before anyone else one morning and waited on the deck (extended family vacation in June 2008, Bear Lake, ID). It was quiet. A good quiet. A peaceful quiet. A quiet that as the sun rose, soaked into my bones. I need to remember that. Quiet won't always be so unsettling. I just need to wait for it, look for it - I'll get there.


2 comments:

Leslie said...

awesome pictures!

Laura said...

amazing pictures! I love hummingbirds and would love to have a feeder in my yard, but with 2 cats it doesn't seem quite fair. Kind of like a salt lick for deer. We will provide you with food, so then we can kill you.