18 November 2008

The Kindness of Strangers

Jessie came home with us after church on Sunday. My mother had mailed her a package to our house and I was waiting for her to come to open it. She was very excited to find out she had a surprise at the house. When she opened it, we found a darling green and pink princess pillowcase and a very soft princess blanket made of fleece. My mother had taken the fleece and crocheted around the edge (I didn't even know she knew how to crochet) and the pillowcase was made by her friend Jacque. I know I have met Jacque, but I cannot remember what she looks like. I find her kindness overwhelming. That she would make something for someone she knows mainly from conversations with my mother is amazing to me. I am touched by her kindness and feel bad that I cannot put a face to the name.

Sunday was a weird day for me and I totally forgot to take photos of them. You know I had to be off because those are the kinds of photos I take and stick on my silly blog! Oh, well, if I get a chance I will take a picture of them at Jessie's place since she took them with her. She was very excited and it was fun to watch.

Thank you Mom and thank you Jacque ....


ADDENDUM:

Mom felt bad that I couldn't picture Jacque (sorry I got the spelling wrong - corrected it) so she sent a picture. Jacque is on the left, my mom on the right. And yes, I can remember her and picture her now!


3 comments:

Alisha said...

That is SO NICE! People really are so kind. It surprises me sometimes. I'm glad Jessie liked her surprise!

Leslie said...

so sweet! what a neat thing for jessie (and you)!

Shel said...

That is so Awesome! How very sweet!