23 November 2008

Aloha!

We made it! Do you know how freaking long it takes to get to Maui from Houston? We got up at 5:30am and our bags touched the condo floor at 1:30am Houston time. It was not a fun day. At one point during turbulence I turned to Ryan and said: "We're not going to die, that would be too enjoyable". But we are here. Dark and rainy when we got here, but WE ARE HERE.

Snapped a photo of some mountain in Washington State. Could be the famous one, but who knows.

I got up at about 3:00am Maui time (7:00 Houston time) because I was coughing and didn't want to wake Gary, and, well, it was 7:00 Houston time. Thought I would check out the Internet - so here I am rambling.

I don't think schlepping through airports and sitting on planes for hours on end does much for ones health, but I am just guessing.

Hopefully beautiful, sunny photos of Maui to come!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I'm glad you made it!

I hope the weather and your health both improve. I'm looking forward to Maui pictures.