13 November 2008

More Rothenburg ob der Tauber

I found a few more fun photos of Rothenburg ob der Tauber (yeah, I can't just type Rothenburg since there is a 'Rothenburg' and I am sure y'all would become confused). There was this one of Ryan outside the Torture Museum:

And we went to a cuckoo clock store. The photos are crap - photos were not allowed but I could not help myself! I was in GERMANY in a CUCKOO CLOCK store and Gary had drawn the line at me adopting one and bringing it home, so I had to settle for photos. OK it is wicked but sometimes you just need a photo ... like say of the Sistine Chapel ... and like my camera with no flash was going to do any damage. It was all about dollars at the gift shop than me having my very own photograph of the ceiling. (I will step down from my soap box now...). So ... I hid my camera and snapped away.





Ryan is pointing because some psycho decided it would be clever to have one of the clocks going off every 10 seconds. We were trying to identify which one was cuckoo'ing so I could get a photo of the dancing what'evers. We never did figure it out. We had fun, though.
Oh, and I read something in Wikipedia. Rothenburg ob der Tauber was used for some town in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. So ... apparently we were taking the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang tour. I will have to see if any of the other places are featured ...

5 comments:

Leslie said...

I love that you cheated and took pictures. What unique thing to capture!

Laura said...

I love the picture of Ryan. My sister and I have pictures of us in stocks. Is that universal? If there are stocks, pose your kids in them!

I can't believe you did not succumb in a store full of cuckoo clocks! I would have had a really hard time. They don't go with my "decor", but who cares!

Lori Hurst said...

I'm a light sleeper and Gary only had to remind me that I had to shut off my parents grandfather clock every time we visited to convince me that I would be hacking it to pieces on some sleepless night...

Lori Hurst said...

Oh, yeah, and I think it's a law somewhere - you see stocks - you put your kid in them. Probably good parenting advice also.

Jennifer said...

Oh.my.gosh. I LOVE Chitty Chitty Bang Bang! LOVE! I was just singing the title song to my kids TODAY!

NOW I'm jealous of this whole Germany thing.