07 November 2008

Creepy Crawlies

A FULL eight hours after our 'Girls Night Out' discussion (you might want to refer to Laura's post for a heads up) I am still creeped out. Don't know why I'm up - didn't go to bed until 2:30, but I hear something from my entry 'garden':


Generally I equate the sound with a leaf falling from one of the trees and hitting the tile. But this morning? In the dark? It's a mouse, or a bird, or a snake. Could be a really loud huge mama spider carrying a bazillion babies on her back. A bat maybe? They make noise, right? It didn't sound ghost'ish to me, but maybe a squirrel, if it was holding sort of still. I wonder if Courtney is up - she's the 'go to' girl if you need to rid your home of some varmint. I sit frozen in my chair, staring at the greenery - waiting for whatever is going to crawl / slither / fly out at me.

Thank heavens it doesn't have that noxious monkey smell ...

3 comments:

Leslie said...

LOL! Maybe it's a good thing I missed the discussion. I was able to sleep in until 6:30 without a care in the world!

Laura said...

We are a mildly disturbed group.

Court said...

No monkey smell? Well...things are looking up already!

:) Court

PS I love all the travel photos on your blog!