11 December 2008

Soldiers

About 6 or 7 years ago we made soldier ornaments for Family Home Evening. I had done the same thing as a child and I decided I wanted some - so FHE. I was wondering - is this something required for all families? Or was it just mine?

Last year I opened up the box they had been stored in (while in Norway) and told them to 'stand down' - I wouldn't be needing them that year. Apparently they did not take my advice - it looks like they partied in there. I had them all lined up neatly - and now - chaos.

I am not using them again this year, but forgot how cute they were and wondered if I had enough energy to lug the four foot tree down from the attic for all the old ornaments. A kiddie tree. Don't know yet - have to get farther along before I start making work up for myself.

I started untangling them and they look sort of smug ... (ok, except the two that looked totally freaked out).

3 comments:

Laura said...

Those are so cute! I think it's a travesty that you are not using them in your decorating. Let the soldiers out!!

Carol Beck said...

i love the different expressions of their faces! i made some sorta like this when my kids were in high school and i made their uniforms look like their marching band uniforms. they gave them to their band directors for christmas. wish i would have made some for us now. those band years are fond memories!

Carol Beck said...

i love the different expressions of their faces! i made some sorta like this when my kids were in high school and i made their uniforms look like their marching band uniforms. they gave them to their band directors for christmas. wish i would have made some for us now. those band years are fond memories!