30 December 2008

Before and After

Gary completed his wood project. It was basically modernizing an old entertainment center. It is a six piece unit, with all the 'guts' (TV, VCR, etc) being held in the unit he re-made. The old one held a regular TV, had a glass door to the side, set of doors underneath, and weighed about 180 pounds. Forgot the last part until we went to move it from upstairs to the garage. After Ryan and Gary moved it Ryan asked us how we had managed to move it before now. Our answer was that movers had moved it every time except right when Gary built it and then my dad helped him move it upstairs (I don't know if Ryan had even been born).



The after section takes all the width and fits our high definition TV exactly, with drawers and shelves below it. Makes the middle shelf unit stick up one foot - I like the new, staggered effect.

Virtual Garage sale: if anyone would like the old (heavy) section of entertainment center - makes a great stand alone unit, the TV or any of our old VCR tapes (we have a bunch of Living Scriptures, Disney, etc) let me know - everythings free to a good home. We are going to pack it all up and donate it in a couple of days.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Kimberly has a really horrible TV (she has to weigh down the cables to keep them connected - and even that doesn't always work). I'm sure she would be interested in the TV.

Lori Hurst said...

OK, tell her to give me a call!

Val and Marceil said...

The remodel looks even better than the original. Maybe we will have to make a trip to Texas this year to see this and any other projects finished since our last visit.

Dad

Carol Beck said...

so what does the old section look like? could you post a pic? i might be interested.
did you get my evite for the new years eve party?

Lori Hurst said...

Carol, I posted more pics. I also responded to the evite. Let me know what to bring!