05 December 2008

13th Angel

I just read Laura's blog about her Christmas tree. She asked "What's hanging on your Christmas Tree?". Well, my answer is nothing since I have not decorated yet, but I do have some wonderful ornaments picked up all over during my travels that mean so much to me. But nothing compares to my angels.

When I was pregnant with Rachael, during December, I already knew she was going to die immediately after birth. I was wandering around a mall, I can't remember why, but I looked up and in a Hallmark store was a golden cherub angel - and I knew I needed to have it, for her. Every year since then, I have bought an angel for my Rachael. I have amassed quite a few (she would have been twelve next Valentines Day).

For the last 3 years, I have bought the Swarovski angel. The first year it just seemed right - it was 'the angel' for the year. When it is on the tree and the lights hits it, it makes the most beautiful rainbow and just glows. So I have purchased the 2007 and now the 2008 version also.

2008



2007



The thing is - I feel like I am cheating now. Every year I would start looking for 'my angel' early and eventually I would find the one that was 'it'. Now I don't know - I am just buying the angel because she looks beautiful on my tree.


I might have to start looking again and just buy the Swarovski as a plain old ornament.

If I actually decorate for the holidays - I am sure more photos are to come ...

1 comment:

Val and Marceil said...

Your angel photos are lovely, as I am sure your collection is wonderful. Mom put up the tree all by herself this year (she would say as usual) and it looks wonderful too. She hosted a party of Relief Society ladies a week ago and there were lots of comments about the pretty little toy soldier that you kids made so many years ago. Hope you are feeling better.

Dad