27 December 2008

From Scratch

Fourteen hours (ok, some breaks): finding graphics I like, learning Photoshop layers, uploading to Photobucket and changing the template html of 'Lori's Blog' and I have made a design / background for my Blog. OK, it looks like crap, and it doesn't do that scrolly thing (blog scrolls, but the rest stays still) .... addendum: fixed it .... but I did it from the ground up and I have wanted to figure it out. You can tell I am not a 'scrapbooker' since I have no eye for design, but I wanted to know how all those web sites that let you put cute backgrounds on your blog did it. Whew! I will keep working on it - maybe then when you bring up my blog you won't automatically say 'Ewww'.

9 comments:

Laura said...

I am very impressed! I couldn't do it without the help of those websites. I am just not computer savvy.

Jennifer said...

Who's saying "Ewww?" It's lovely! The colors are really pretty. I always wish I could do it b/c the other website's stuff is never quite what I want.

Leslie said...

way to go developing a new talent! looks great!

Carol Beck said...

i love it! dont see any crap anywhere!

Anonymous said...

Looks great to me:) Your blog keeps coming up in my "hurst" google alert. I have been reading for a little while.

Lori Hurst said...

Karen, Thanks, nice to meet you and welcome to my blog!

Liz said...

I think it looks really great. Not too busy, but not at all boring. In my wildest dreams I could never learn how to do such a thing. I'm seriously impressed.

Rhonda said...

I love it! How fun to be so original.

Val and Marceil said...

It looks pretty and nice to me. It makes me realize how shallow my knowledge of computer programs is.

Dad