12 December 2008

Dexter

So ... Gary is off camping with the scouts - again. It seems he goes every other week when in reality it is just once a month. After delivering something he forgot to the church (A 4 MINUTE ROUND TRIP RATHER THAN 45 minutes .... YEAH!!!) he is off and I have an evening ahead of me.

I decided that I am done decorating - unless I get some burst of holiday cheer and wrap my curving staircase banister with lit evergreen like I have done the past two years - I just can't work up enough excitement. So - a night all to myself.

And what am I going to do? Catch up on one of my favorite shows: Dexter. It is on Showtime so I don't know if many of you know about it, but it is great - or I am sick and twisted ... one or the other. He is a forensic scientist who works with the Miami police department and is their blood spatter expert. He is also a serial killer. Yeah - he is a sociopath and kills people - AND YOU LOVE HIM. See - he only kills bad people - so that is supposed to make it all right.

There is nothing better than soft couch, a Route 44 size cherry & lime diet coke and watching Dexter kill people.

5 comments:

Val and Marceil said...

Is that one of his victim's cadaveous hands supporting Dexter's chin? If not he looks pretty anemic. Maybe he shouldn't wear those elbow length latex gloves for his promotional photos.

Dad

Lori Hurst said...

Yes, I believe it is supposed to be a dead guys hand.

Shel said...

Enjoy your night to yourself (and Dexter!). I'm not familiar with that show, but it's sounds interesting.

I love all the pics of your Christmas decorations!! It seemed to take me forever to get mine up this year (don't really know what my problemo was, but they are finally up, yay!)

Shel-

Liz said...

This show sounds so up my ally!! I've got to check it out! I think my cable needs an upgrade!

Marci said...

Patti and I love Dexter. Makes us feel better about ourselves that we don't kill people.