29 December 2008

So Worth It

Had to set my alarm clock for 7:00am for the cleaning lady. Last night it really did not seem like a very good plan, but now? I have all the Christmas detrius thrown away, Christmas loot put away and she is currently cleaning up all the leaves that fell off the trees when Gary shook the crap out of them and I was too lazy to do anything other than shovel them all in between the pots. See that's the neat thing about Alma - she moves all those pots and sweeps! What a concept!

I really love the smell of Lysol in my house. It invigorates me and makes me feel as if I have done something noble. Apparently my brain has not disconnected the scent from 'scrubbing down the bathrooms' to 'writing out a check' ... but it's working for me, so why ruin it?

3 comments:

Laura said...

I want a cleaning lady. Sigh.

Liz said...

I WILL have a cleaning lady someday! So worth it is right!

Cherri said...

I am so jealous - but then no one could have cleaned up earlier because I had kids and grandkids and all their sprawl everywhere I looked. Now it just seems empty, but empty seems nice too. I can put the house back to order, it will stay that way for a while, and I can get back to boring. Fun while it lasted, but quiet is good too. More time to think, more time to appreciate.

I'm glad that Jessie's visit was as painfree as possible, and that you are bubbling with possibilities with your new website. Give Ryan and Gary a hug from me, and consider yourself hugged!