27 January 2011

Working on the Wacky, Winsome & Wonderful ...


Yeah, well - I have been in a funk. This and getting a brand spanking new Super Computer doesn't seem to go well together. It SO HIGHLIGHTS the 'SPOILED' part of my life... and that I am a whiner.

Yesterday, Gary asked me how I was feeling, and more to the point was I happy with my new computer. I told him that I was ecstatic in that really, really depressed sort of way. He just shook his head and walked off.

When it is cloudy it is cloudy.

BUT! I decided I was going to have that wacky, wonderful, winsome Wednesday a day late that my sister-in-law Cherri said in the comments that I had in me. And what is more fun than a lovely photo?

So I decided I would find something wonderful, winsome and a wee bit wacky and make a photo series and post it on my blog. Started with some tree shots just because I had taken them the day before.

As I played around a bit and brought out the photo hidden in the photo ... I realized it was far from wacky or winsome or wonderful:
All it needs is some evil looking bird sitting up there and you would have ... well - nothing wonderful. And I had started with a photo in a series that included this:


Doesn't seem so ... down ...

Crap photo - coming up with a somber / eery / ugly photo was the best I could do.

Picked up my morphine prescription - always a high point in any day (accompanied with that slight feeling that I should be in some sort of NA support group just for having it in my cupboard, of course). Tried taking a few photos but nothing stellar in that series either:

I realized that the clouds weren't all that thick, my day was going awfully well. My computer transferred all my data without a hitch, was doing everything it was supposed to do and (almost) nothing it shouldn't. Photoshop is lightning fast, works, does anything I throw at it ... which was why I started this convoluted journey in the first place. So things are looking up! Things are good! Heck ... things are great!

I am thrilled with my computer, almost fully installed, mostly caught up with what needed to be done to get me back to functioning. The house is clean, the dog is cooperating with her pill and peanut butter combo, and the day was absolutely stunning! Beautiful blue sky, perfect temperature to sit outside and bounce a ball for 'crazy dog' and just enjoy how good life is.

But ... no photo series - just couldn't come up with one so I gave up on that.

A few minutes after calling and getting a doctors appointment for Gary (he is sick - so life is not great on all fronts ...) I had wiped off the kitchen counters, looked around smiling - happy that the house was clean and life really was that good. Could envision the clouds breaking up and drifting off as I saw Gary pull in the drive.

Heard a wee little happy tone emanating from my pocket - took out my iTouch to see what the alert was, fumbled ... and what do you know:

I have a series of photos for the day after all!


Still works! Being extra vigilant when sliding your fingers around on the surface is vital ...






Life is still good ...




... Mr. Amazon said he would run a replacement right over to me tomorrow ...


Here's hoping for a fumble, falling, failure free Friday ....

2 comments:

Cherri said...

Well, maybe "Wonderful Wizard of Oz" look, or "Wicked", take that any way you want to! So sad for your phone, sad that Gary is sick, but I am happy that the computer is great!

Vicki said...

Tomorrow has GOT to be a better day, right? Hang in there.