29 January 2011

Photoshop ... I LOVE You!


This evening I have been busy finishing up a newsletter for church tomorrow. Since the month concerned is February, hearts came in to play ....

** Note ** When I went in to tell Gary about this wonderful, fantastical feature - he said that I scare him ... So this might not be the most interesting thing in the world ...



... but I think it is!

~~~~~~

There is a type of brush in Photoshop called a Dynamic Brush. It is one where you click and drag it and it does stuff other than what many brushes are used for and that is a click once - more like a rubber stamp than a brush in real life. So - with my heart brush, if I clicked once - I would get one heart - click and drag and I get a series of hearts.

So, I got to playing with a heart dynamic brush. I can change the hue (by setting the foreground and background different colors) and the hearts color changes randomly within some specified range of the foreground and background colors. I can change the jitter - and the position the heart is 'stamped' at varies randomly. I can change the spacing of the hearts and it does just what it sounds like: spreads out or compresses the spacing of the hearts.

So I was playing along - dragging my mouse around and about and making all sorts of lines of hearts. Here is a page where I played around changing the spacing for each line:And all of a sudden, I thought "I have a pen ....".

I realized that my control would be better so I got it out and held the tablet like a pad of paper and started playing. And to my amazement something happened to my hearts! Depending on how hard I pushed the pen to the pad, the size of the heart itself changed! THIS IS SO VERY COOL ...

... to me!



Maybe not so much for you ....

2 comments:

Cherri said...

Very appropriate for us Hart's! I loved how you could change sizes and spacing - very cool. Tell Gary I'm impressed even if he is not.

Vicki said...

That is very cool - and so appropriate for February.