19 January 2011

My Wreched, Withdrawl'ed, Worrisome, Working Wonderful Wednesday ...



Wreched:

I fell down the stairs yesterday. I look like a handicapped, feeble 85 year old.

Enough said.


Withdrawl:

I packed her up and shipped her off today - the nasty beast:


Set up my laptop for the interim - until my 'Super Computer' gets here:

AND IT SUCKS!!!


Man, one itty bitty screen, a slower processor, no Lightroom, I am in serious 'real' computer withdrawl ....



Worrisome:



I quickly scanned an e-mail from Gary this morning that said something about jumping in a cab at the airport in Istanbul and that a taxi driver was kidnapping him. Hmmmm - Istanbul and kidnapping - I was a bit stressed but failed to re-read the e-mail to make sure I had it straight and worried profusely until I heard from him again. He mentioned that there was no worry (to my question about being kidnapped) that it was a cab driver TRYING to get him in his cab and Gary swiftly jumped into another cab - thus avoiding - whatever it was that was going on. He thinks a triple priced ride - I am thinking something more sinister ... my mind just works that way.


Re-reading his earlier e-mail - he mentions this CLEARLY and I could have avoided a HUGE amount of worry had I just paid attention ...



Working:



Gary left me with an assignment. I needed to put as many coats of polyurethane on the new table as the table top would need. Apparently I am using the polyurethane too sparingly since I have put on 6 coats and it still does not have that smooth, glossy finish that our other tabletops have (for protection). Gary had six coats would do. So I will keep putting on coats until it feels right ...



... but doesn't he look pretty:



And isn't that the prettiest table top you ever did see?



Wonderful:

Yesterday, I headed to Sonic for my daily drink (I know, I know, I am bad) and didn't have my Sonic card. I remembered being with Gary a few days before and handing it over when we were getting drinks, so I assumed he had it. He texted me back that he never got it back from the Sonic worker and didn't think about it at the time (neither of us noticed).

I called the Sonic and they said they didn't have one - so I got online to where I put money on it and shows our transactions. It showed our purchase that day, then it showed that the card was zeroed out ... all the money taken off it. I was SO DISSAPOINTED. The Sonic guys are my FRIENDS! Almost FAMILY! And someone had stolen our card and used all the money on it.

I went in today since they told me that they would give me a new one - complete with the money on it and it was explained to me that the worker didn't noticed that she had not given it back, had used it for the next transaction which zeroed it out and then realized her mistake. She set the money aside for when I called in, but was not working when I called yesterday.

Yeah! They are still my friends and won't spit in my drink as Gary suggested since I was pretty much getting one fired ...

and I have a brand spanking new card:

So ... other than needing to (and not) walking with a cane ... things are going rather well on this whimisical, wonderful Wednesday, hope yours went well.

3 comments:

Cherri said...

Walking with a cane? I read that you thought you might have broken a finger, but needing a cane? You must have unaligned your whole body! Have you seen a doctor? (of course not, only hypochondriacs see doctors, right?) Okay local friends - go check Lori out and see if she needs to be checked by a doctor!

Lori Hurst said...

I am fine! I am going to have some severe bruising on my legs and back and my shoulders and neck seemed to have gotten into the fun somehow - so I am a limping, hunched over cripple - but I am just a baby! It will get better ...

Cherri said...

I am so sorry. Why is it that our bodies lose balancing ability as we age? I have a few stories to tell about falls that caused VERY long lasting bruises - things I never would have actually fallen over a few years ago. Not fun!