15 January 2011

Getting Back on the Horse ...

Gary told me that we were going to order my new computer today to minimize the time I was without a computer. My heart was not in it so he started building something bigger and better than the last while I avoided all things computer.

Just hit the 'purchase' button.

Weird thing? We started with a better computer then we got a better, faster processor, same 12GB of RAM, same monitor (to match the one that was a separate order and we were not returning), same video card, only 2 TB of storage space (RAID0) - I learned my lesson there, a better sound card, some other extras and perks ....


.... and all for less then I paid for the one I am returning!


Life is weird.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's be realistic Lori, with 3 Tera bytes, you had Carl Sagan feeling a bit inadequate!

Hope the new set up performs to your liking, what with the cup holder and On Star navigation, you should be powering down the internet highway in style.
Damn women drivers think they own the road! AJ

Lori Hurst said...

Well, I was the first that Dells Tech Support had heard of ... thats when I started thinking that maybe I was just being greedy.

I only have two requirements:

1) That all my photos and graphics are stored safely - currently aboug 700GB - so a couple of TB's isn't asking too much is it?

2) That Photoshop run with no limitations - and it couldn't do things with my paltry 4MB of RAM thus guessing 12MB would do ... went with that.

That the machine just might be more sophisticated than what air traffic controllers use ... well, thats not my problem!

Oh, and I am spoiled ...