23 January 2011

Istanbul

Not the minute Gary got home, but pretty close to it ... I tactfully asked Gary where his camera was. I am pretty desperate for photos to edit these days. Fun stuff!

I got to add part of a spire to the first photo ... can you tell? Shhhh.

I know, I know - there are a TON of photos, but I edited a bunch and then I couldn't decide which ones to put on my blog and which ones not to ... so I put all of them.

It looks like a beautiful city, and Gary wishes he had more time to have taken photos ... and that his little foray into trying to find what he called 'the three mosques all together' rather then getting him there, ended him right back at the front door of his hotel - never did find them ...

... my loss.

The first bunch are of the Blue Mosque - I so would have loved to have seen this building in person:












Not a clue:


Some sort of mosque - but I don't know the name:

Again ... no clue:


A church:


An alley:

and a Palace:

I am jealous ...

3 comments:

Cherri said...

That blue mosque is beautiful . . . sigh! Oh well, I got to see the Salt Lake Temple from a distance and the Jordan River Temple up close and personal . . . so THERE!

Kristie said...

Sure bears dilapitated houses!!!

Kristie said...

bears = beats :)