10 January 2011

I'm Baaaack!!!

As life as I knew it came to a very crashing slowdown while I was sick and my computer was sick - Gary has persevered:


And folks - I have been able to photograph the BRAVEST LIZARD IN THE UNIVERSE:

This little guy was in the garage under Gary's new table (you can see a tiny green blob in the photo) and REFUSED to move. Gary even kicked at it and it just sat there. It might have been so cold that it couldn't move - but I doubt it - Gary's heater was on and I suspect he had found a nice toasty place to relax and refused to give it up.


As for the title - I'm back! My computer seems fine - ever so much thanks to Darci and our 6 hours yesterday. Seriously something I really didn't want to duplicate, but it had to be done - and it seems to be working now.

The problem? Tentatively since things could probably go to shit tomorrow? I had TOO MUCH DISK SPACE. Moi? The data hog? Apparently 3 Terabytes makes it crazy unless configured in such a way that the operating system wont spaz out ... er .... that is the theory. Like I said - until it no longer is the theory and my computer spazzes out - which I SINCERELY hope does not happen.

Man ... take a few photos ....


... collect a grundle of graphics


... and this is what happens ....

2 comments:

Val and Marceil said...

Two questions. Did you ever consider that the lizard stepped in Gary's glue and then just hung around in the heat too long and got stuck? The question:
What is the large table to be used for?
Dad

Lori Hurst said...

You've got a point about the lizard ... he moved his head, but ...

The table is because he hated the desk. I believe the desk gets to stay in the guest room, but since it is small - a mission style table is going beside it. (And it keeps Gary busy and from going batshit crazy and killing all of us in our sleep ... thats pretty much the main thing - although he is working a project now - so not as busy ... problem? It is based in Iraq ... eeek!)