11 February 2009

Bring It on!!

Susan is not a happy gal. She said sometime last evening that 'it is all going to be fine' feeling became a 'I have a black cloud hanging over my head, what's wrong with me?' feeling. She called me VERY frustrated. I received a call last night that I could use the Stakes Xerox machine if I hurried over - which I did and finished the stuff I was not willing to do at home. Susan? She put her mobile phone on the charger and went to the gym. The home phone was upstairs with her husband so she never heard it ring with the multiple times Cathy tried to call her to tell her the same thing about the Stake Xerox machine.

She is headed to Kinko's. An unhappy gal. Me? I still think about 10 things are going to go wrong between now and tomorrow night (PLEASE COME!!! I am afraid no one is going to come and all my xeroxing will be in vain). Am I worried about it? No. I am prepared. I am expecting it. Like a punch in the gut - if you know it is coming you can tighten your stomach muscles (OK, I used to, now I would just have to run like a girl) and take it without it phasing you. Same thing being a 'glass is half empty' type of gal. Still on an even keel. In a good mood, actually.

I am ready for anything!

1 comment:

Cherri said...

So what are you sharing for your enrichment night? We just had ours on Saturday, and it was pretty low-key. If anyone spent more than an hour preparing, I would be amazed. We put together hygene kits, did some quilting, colored pages for a humanitarian project for kids, and did a blanket stitch around some fleece blankets to give to the kids in tri-county correction facility. Maybe I'm underestimating, but the lady who did the fleece blankets hadn't even figured out how to do the stitch around them, just kind of hoped that someone would show up that knew how to do it!

Anyway, share what you did - handouts and all!