08 February 2009

Been a Scrapbookin' Fool ...

In between migraines and all the lovelies that accompany that, I have been wasting away my time playing. I joined a scrapbook website and had uploaded the 'My Valentine' and ... man - the next day I had 42 comments, very complimentary and very .... satisfying.

Had you told me 20 years ago that I would, in the future, start scrapbooking and posting items on the web (that term would have been very confusing back then) I would have told you to shoot me on the spot. And then I would have told you to shoot me again, just to make sure I was dead. SO NOT ME.



As you can see, I have 'embellishment issues' (yeah, my sister says I exaggerate ... but not that kind). I have no idea what to do with embellishments. I just sit there and stare at them, try to group them, and everything looks like crap.

Shelley or anyone out there that scrapbooks (even if you are in the 'scrapbook underground' I won't tell anyone) please .... help!!!

5 comments:

Alisha said...

I am SO not a scrapbooker so can offer no advice (I think they look GREAT by the way) but my sister actually owns one of the larger digital scrapbooking companies on the web. It's digitalscrapbookplace.com. They have online tutorials. You should check it out! They also have tons of free stuff. Hope that helps!

Lori Hurst said...

Wow! I am impressed! I scour the internet looking for web sites and yes - it is HUGE and GREAT!

Sadly - they assume you have the creative skills to scrapbook and only teach technical stuff (which is great to know or you couldn't do anything). I think it is a genetic thing - I just don't see good design.

Jennifer said...

I'm the same, Lori. I think your stuff is really pretty, though, so you are faking it well (don't tell Gary. Oops, that was inappropriate; feel free to delete).

Lori Hurst said...

Nice Jen! No, I'm not faking it (... wait! I will explain) - if you look at my three examples, there is not a flower, a key, a button, a brad, a ribbon, ok, there is a bow ... or any of the other embellishments that are available for me to use. Thus no faking - all me - I just think they would look better with ... something.

Lori Hurst said...

There, Jen now yours is not the most innapropriate thing in the comment list!