20 February 2009

The New, Improved, Lori

This is me being ... helpful. An odd concept around our house, Gary has had to do double duty since 1992 - and that was quite awhile ago. He is camping with the scouts, an unexpected trip to Australia comes up and here I am finishing the top of the table he built me:

It is a twin for the table he uses as a desk:

He put the deft oil (finish) on it, but we polyurethane the tops for protection - until they are smooth and glossy - quite a few coats. That he has entrusted me with this duty just goes to show you how desperate the man is to have this project behind him. I'm not totally irresponsible, but I am quite incompetent. Since this is going to solve a huge problem for me - a corner between our two desks full of crap (I plan on hiding all the crap under the table in containers) it is only fair that I help out - so while y'all are sleeping ... I finish.

2 comments:

Cherri said...

Tell Gary Happy Birthday, with no jokes attached! 50 is a great age, I don't think it was a big deal to me. Enjoy your day tomorrow with him.

Court said...

You're like the shoemaker and the elves!!! In case you run out of things to do at your house, I need someone to come to my place and finish projects while I sleep.