20 February 2009

Because "Dooce" tagged me:

Saw this going around and "Dooce" a blog I read did it and - tagged all her readers. She stated it was a good way to get to know her significant other. I am bored, have nothing to say so I did it. And tagged y'all at the end!

What are your middle names?
Ann and Lasson – you figure out who’s is who’s.

How long have you been together?
Married 27 ½ years.

How long did you know each other before you started dating?
Depends on who you ask. Apparently, he asked me to dance and I mentioned that he was dating my friend. Having made that mistake before, he did not ask me out …. but made all his friends ask me and we double dated. In a game once we were asked when we first met – he said the dance, I said the first double date – um, embarrassing. I don’t remember the dance. It was only a couple months difference though.

How long did you know each other before you started dating?
Now, here you go – I would argue that all the above dates were dates with Gary since he was so spying on me! We started dating about 4 months after ‘meeting’.

Who asked whom out?
Gary asked me. I had sworn off dating and my motto was “just say no” – pretty much because of all the dates I had with his friends. For some reason I said yes.

How old are each of you?
49 & 46

Whose siblings do you see the most?
About equal. No one wants to visit us here in Houston, so not many sibling visits unless it is for some purpose. We don’t go and visit them either. Family get togethers have been pretty much equally sparse on each side.

Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?
Now? Gary’s travels (which, when I have more information and can blog about it, I will let you know just how shitty this is going to get …).
Before – can’t remember which was tougher – all Jessies surgeries and dealing with a handicapped daughter or being pregnant and from 3 months on knowing the baby was going to die as soon as it was born (ok, it was definitely the second).

Did you go to the same school?
We went to the same High School, but I was such a youngster, we were never there at the same time – thus my older sisters knew him, but I did not.
Both attended and graduated at the same time: Utah State University: Gary with a double degree: pre-med and civil engineering Me with my computer science degree.
Gary attended Cal Tech without me.

Are you from the same hometown?
Yes – I was born in Salt Lake City, but we moved to Logan, Utah when I was 5. Gary was born in Logan, Utah.

Who is smarter?
Hands down – Gary is a genius! Although he cannot spell, but is not too proud to call me to spell something for him he can’t even get close enough for the spell checker. He also lets me edit some of his papers.

Who is the most sensitive?
Me, you yell at me and I collapse in a heap on the floor. Good thing Gary is not a yeller!

Where do you eat out most as a couple?
That is a hard one, we don’t eat out much – a holdover from Jessie living here. We get take out or sandwiches and watch an hour of Eli Stone or something at home while eating.

Where is the furthest you two have travelled together as a couple?
All of Europe (don’t know what point would have been the farthest).
And in a month – Australia … when I go.

Who has the craziest exes?
No exes!

Who has the worst temper?
Me, most definitely. When things are stressful (like now) my emotions are all over the map. I cry, scream, you name it. Gary is almost always on an even keel. I could list on one hand the times I have seen him lose his temper.

Who does the cooking?
Gary – he will eat his own cooking!

Who is the neat freak?
Here is why we are still married:
Gary is the neat freak – clutter needs to be cleaned up.
I am the antimicrobial gal – things have to be CLEAN (and clutter free) so between the two of us we make a good team.

Who is more stubborn?
Gary no question

Who hogs the bed?
He is 6’3”, I am 5’2”. Do the math. We sleep with the traditional Norwegian Dyne (“dunaye”) which is for an individual – like sleeping with your own duvet – so no more hogging the covers – which was also him. We had a ‘dobbelt dyne’ (double dyne) until one night I got so fed up that he was hogging and it was cold because we kept the windows open in the winter (I know, weird) I got out of bed and yelled I was buying us our own dynes the next day. Went out and got them … no more yelling!

Who wakes up earlier?
Gary – he has a horrendous commute. He wakes Ryan up for Seminary. My commute to the ‘office’ is about 50 steps – and with Jessie gone, experimenting with that – you can get up whenever you feel like it.

Where was your first date?
The Logan LDS Tabernacle to hear a choir sing “Handel's Messiah” (It was Christmas time)

Who is more jealous?
Me, I don’t think I have ever seen Gary be jealous … of anything come to think if it.

How long did it take to get serious?
I told my sister after our 3rd date that I was going to marry Gary. It took him a wee bit longer! (We were married the next Christmas)

Who eats more?
Gary. I don’t eat during the day because of my illness and being nauseated – just eat dinner with him – I know he has a light breakfast and a lunch.

Who does the laundry?
Me – it is the one bastion I have kept during my illness. I get the clothes out of the dryer quickly so I don’t need to iron them and I can actually fold clothes. (Due to upcoming circumstances this might be changing, though)

Who drives when you are together?
Gary for the most part. Unless he is tired. He could fall asleep behind the wheel. I could not. It takes work for me to fall asleep and I don’t usually try to fall asleep behind the wheel, and I don’t fall asleep sitting up. So if he is tired, it is safer for me to drive.

OK, now – y’all have been tagged!

5 comments:

Laura said...

Two questions come to my mind (because I'm very nosy):

1. You are just visiting Australia with Gary, right? You wouldn't do something like move there, would you?

2. What are the upcoming circumstances that might prevent you from doing the laundry?

I told you I was nosy!

Lori Hurst said...

Like I could move to Australia! I have kids here!!!

Oh, and the laundry ... my washer is still broken.

Cherri said...

You shouldn't hint at upcoming circumstances that are so boring when you find out the real story! I know, I know . . . you are just trying for mysterious!

Is Gary on a permanent trip or something? I think you can get him on abandonment! Tell him to tell his bosses - "find someone else!" (Or is this what his travel would have been all along if he wasn't trying to help with Jessie?)

Lori Hurst said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori Hurst said...
This comment has been removed by the author.