23 February 2009

Bad News / Good News kind of day:

Bad News: I'm sick.
Good News: Already had a routine doctors appointment scheduled for today.

Bad News: Lost my Discover Card after paying.
Good News: Found it on the floor after 10 minutes of frantic searching.

Bad News: Doctor ordered an MRI of my lower back.
Good News: Have had it done before, know what happens and what they will find.

Bad News: MRI and regular labs could take up to 4 - 5 hours, Gary leaving for Australia and would not be able to see him before he left.
Good News: Said I could come back tomorrow.

Bad News: Walked out to the parking lot and my car was gone.
Good News: Verified that it was only towed ... not stolen.

Bad News: No one knows the number to call a taxi, no phone book anywhere.
Good News: Gary still in town for a few hours and could look up the information I need.

Bad News: Tow cost $191.89 cash / exact change.
Good News: They were 'kind' enough to take $200.00 instead.

Bad News: House is a disaster.
Good News: Cleaning lady coming tomorrow so I WILL get things put away and by tomorrow this time, will be pristine.

Bad News: Gary leaving for Australia for 2 weeks today.
Good News: It's not like he is moving there today ....

Bad News: Gary is moving to Australia. Will be 'married unaccompanied' status. So 'his house' / 'my house'. Can probably only make it home every 6 - 8 weeks for a week of vacation. (Note: one more approval needed before finalized so not a done deal, not common knowledge and Gary will not be happy I wrote this ... but it has been a day)
Good News: I will get to travel and see lots of Australia and surrounding areas (will try to be there for 1 - 2 weeks in the middle of his 6 - 8 weeks).

Bad News: A town car just took Gary away.
Good News: He will be back in just 2 'short' weeks.

... it's all relative isn't it?

12 comments:

Laura said...

I don't even know what to write - except that stinks. All of your bad news stinks - but especially the part about Gary moving to Australia. How long will this job last?

And why was your car towed? What illegal place did you park, you lawbreaker?

I'm sorry your day was so sucky (there's really no other word for it - well there is, but I try to keep my comments PG).

Good news: You are going to have a gigantic toad family by the time this job is done!

Lori Hurst said...

Yeah, this is what I get for having a big car. My doctor moved to a new building about 5 months ago. The parking garage parking spots are SO narrow I really had a hard time parking in it, then you can't get your door open enough to squeeze out - so I have been parking in the KFC HUGE parking lot. I always go over and buy a drink after thus justifying parking in their lot. Man, their are like 50 spots in this parking lot - and maybe 25 tables in the resturant? I am annoyed. Unfortunately I have to go back tomorrow. Ick.

Court said...

Sounds like a banner day...just like mine. I got up in someone's face like a spider monkey. For real.

On a lighter note, your future frequent travels will afford you the time to do some really great work...someone's gotta take Rodney's career seriously.

Alisha said...

WHAT? Lori... my goodness. Sorry dude.

We're sick over here too.

See you Thursday still? We hope?

Alisha said...

Oh, I'll say this here-- Court, I would LOOOVVVEEEE to see you go all spider monkey on someone. It would be the highlight of my year, I think. You'll have to tell me the story!

Lori Hurst said...

I'm with Alisha! Except I don't know what going 'all spider monkey' is exactly ...

Anonymous said...

Bad News: for what ever reason, at 2 in the morning, I decided to catch up on your blog.

Bad News: what a lousy sister I am. So many strangers (to me) keep up with everything, but I tend to be too busy in my own chaos.

Bad News: I could only get to 2/14. Now sobbing, I can't seem to continue right now.

Bad News: It's now 3:25 am and I have TONS OF STUFF to still finish before tomorrow when Brother Harmon comes over to start moving in furniture (apt. for missionaries)

Bad News: My husband also MIA - just on a regular basis, weekend conjugal visits.

Bad News: It took me 10 minutes to find out how to spell "conjegal".

Bad News: My sheets are still in the washer and I'll be spending what's left of my night on a couch or with Darin (big kicker).

Good News: Australia sounds good!
NIGHT!

Shel said...

Lori, I've read this a couple of times (being the spy you are, you may know that ;) and I can't believe the day you had... crazy and I can't believe the time you are gonna have to go through with Gary in Aussie Land and coming and going for just "visits"... Ugh and ick and yuck and I'm so sorry. I'm sure it's a fabulous opportunity for him or y'all wouldn't be going for it, but I know it wont be a bowl full of cherries. I agree that you'll have such a great opportunity to really do some awesome photo shoots for Rodney and I still need to schedule some time to come learn how to use Photoshop elements just a smidget of how much you do and I'll be doing good!

Cherri said...

Oh, Lori, I am so sorry! So how long is this Australia job going to last? How is Ryan doing through all this? He only has a few short months of his senior year left. What day is graduation?

Monday was so sad, we lost a senior in a car accident when he was on the way to school. So to put things in persective, some trials you wouldn't wish on anyone. As I looked at the news articles about the accident, I compared his great life with those of the bank robbers, drug abusers, etc who also showed up on the news yesterday, and even though it is so tragic that his life was cut short, at least his parents can take comfort in what a great kid he was. The sorrow of having a son that committed murder would be almost unbearable. It is a good thing we don't know what the future holds when we sign up for life, right?

Leslie said...

After reading your letter today I had to read some of your "back log" to figure out why Gary was packing his things!

Bad News: I thought you were getting a divorce!

Good News: Your separation is for work and only a temporary part of your life!! He will still be your forever seetheart. AHH! (I exhale in relief)

You are a great lady. I am here for you during his times away.

Leslie said...

oh...and his times here too.

Lori Hurst said...

Leslie - I can't believe you thought we were getting a divorce!! If froggy coin purses on Valentines Day doesn't cement in peoples minds that we are together forever - I don't know what will! Probably should have made things clearer. Sorry.