13 November 2010

Progress ...

... me?

Oh, hell no! I'm still pretty much flat in bed except while I am barfing in the sink (yeah, yeah, I ALWAYS clean it with Scrubbing Bubbles - but ... dudes ... WHO voluntarily sticks their head in a toilet?). I have made a tentative foray to the computer to see how long I can stay upright without hurling - we shall see ...

No - Gary is the one in the family that has the 'progress' gene. Since I fell in bed on Tuesday night, he has gone to work 3 days, gone to physical therapy twice, done his workout and stretches 8 times, cleaned the house, forced a Coke in me, gone to the Youth night, drug me out of bed to 'Dexter' twice, done his Asst. Scoutmaster duties, gone on a 5 hour youth outing this morning, and - in his spare time he has been busy in the garage.

Me - seriously? Not counting barfing? I WIPED DOWN A COUNTER TOP. Yep. That's it. FOUR whole days - and ... A COUNTER TOP. Gary cleaned the kitchen this morning and I love the man to pieces - he does everything around here ... except wipe counter tops. I'm not complaining, mind you - THE MAN CLEANED THE KITCHEN and it was starting to scare me. And I didn't even wipe down all the counter tops - just the bar - lovely, isn't it?


But - back to Gary and his superpowers. The desk is starting to look ... well ... like a desk:

It is SO adorable! Cute little drawers and slot ... thingies:

And, of course - he immediately came home from the youth activity, changed into grunge clothes and is back out in the garage. If I had a tenth of his energy I might be ... well ... normal. OK, lazy normal - but better than this ...

And a bonus photo. I saw this as I was pulling down the desk photos. I think it must take TREMENDOUS TALENT to get ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in focus with a point and shoot camera ... except for maybe Charlies eye - her crazy 'I'm busy catching a Frisbee - don't bother me' crazy eye ...

OK, off to bed - but I think I will require 10 minute walks around the house every hour to see if I am on the road to recovery - right now I really can't tell ...


... how sad is that?

No comments: