22 November 2010

Husband of the Year Award ...


... goes to Gary Hurst.

I REALLY, REALLY didn't want to grocery shop for Thanksgiving dinner. I don't know why I hate grocery shopping, but add anxiety that I will get the wrong turkey, or whatever (I generally screw up big time when shopping - even with a list) so I asked Gary on Saturday if he would go with me on Monday ... he said yes. And this on top of him telling me he would make the ENTIRE Thanksgiving dinner (yeah, yeah, I will help anyway - but he is the much better cook)!

I was planning on shopping with him when he called after getting his hair cut and said to text him what I remembered we needed other than Thanksgiving dinner and he was stopping at the store. Yeah! Entered his number, texted:

"Bananas, swiss cheese, ... oatmeal"

A minute later I get a text back:

"Nice grocery list ... wrong number"

Oooops!

"SO SORRY!"

"No problem"

New texting friend made! I used half of Ryans number and half of Garys ... go figure.

Retexted Gary and he did the shopping. When he got back I went out to help carry the groceries in and found Gary carrying these:
AND he bought dinner and dessert for tonight!


Dude is SERIOUSLY a keeper!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Love doesn't get any sweeter than that!