27 November 2010

Computer Homicide ...


... and other pursuits ...

Saturday - the day we kill all the computers! We are not very generous about donating computers - when the hard drives have all sorts of personal information on them. Sure - we could format them in such a way that every inch is rewritten in 1's and 0's but that would take some study, time and is definitely not as much fun!

Generally by the time we kill a computer, Jessie has had a whack at it and it is amazing what this girl can do to a computer with random (?) clicks of the mouse. She messes up system files, has hosed a computer so badly we had to 'reset to factory settings' just to get it to boot up - and is generally hard on computers - so we don't feel so bad not donating very old computers.

Had a donation after Gary and I cleaned out the attic - a Christmas tree, 3 VCR's and a TV. But - to kill a computer - all you really need to do is kill the hard drive. The first computer seriously had us scratching our heads on how to open it.

Who knew - it swings open like a book! None of us remember this, so probably hadn't opened it since getting it:

Ryan - complete with safety glasses, kids - destroying hard disk for computer number 1:
Computer number 2:

A few whacks:

And he won't be spinning anytime soon:


Gary started the frames with a little trigonometry. He asked me a trig question and I was all: "Are you seriously asking me how to get the sine of something? I seriously never used my math major ... once on the job ..."


Seems to have worked out fine without my help:
These things are huge:

And in his spare time he has been making a lovely cabinet that rolls under that there drill press in the background:
Cleaned out the attic so we could unbury the Christmas trunks. Look! I'm down to 10!


Gary set up the tree as promised to me ... while I lounged in bed and read a book all day:


So: I have 10 trunks in my kitchen just waiting for me to get my act together:

So next week: packing for the Cruise on Friday ... interspersed with Christmas decorating.

I'm pretty sure I can handle all that ...

No comments: