06 November 2010

A Day in Photos ... Sort of ...

After writing about my complete and total lack of productivity in my life, I thought that I would write that I do have my moments ...

Things got a wee bit out of hand with the photos though - I have been alerted that I am at 97% capacity - I have filled up my blogging space. Not ALL of it was from todays photos, but a fair amount was. Since sending my blog off to print ... and due to the fact that the blog books don't do slide shows - I just dumped a bucket full of photos onto my blog today!

So ...

Thursday: I pretty much did nothing after a fairly decent attempt at ... well ... of doing SOMETHING. Realized that this was my normal operating procedure when no one was around - then told y'all about it.

Friday: Was going to be busy.

We had a large donation for the Salvation Army since they will come and pick up large items. Gary really wanted the stuff we were donating out of the garage and they only cruise Richmond on Fridays - so it was yesterday or a week later.

I had a dentist appointment at 7:00am which I intended to keep, and I needed to pick up my morphine prescription and fill it. All this before 9:00am which was the beginning of the window for the Salvation Army pickup.

Yeah ... it was not going to happen, but the window was from 9 to 1 pm - so I didn't think they were going to be at my door right at 9:00.

Sitting at the dentist I decided to document my unusual day of productivity. Grabbed my iTouch and snapped a shot of my feet:

I then discovered a use for that other camera - the one pointing at your face and is just plain annoying. Surreptitiously taking photos of something behind you - and being able to see what it is since the iTouch is displaying it on the screen - is a way better use of that second camera:

Finished up at the dentist (8:30) and jump into my car to head into my doctors office. Not downtown, but close and in that direction. So I got to play with something that is a rarity for me:

TRAFFIC:

Beautiful sunrise - pink skies behind me and a golden orange sky that promised that the sun would blind me on my way in:


Odd, but stop and go traffic on the freeway is not one of my favorite things ...

Getting closer to my doc (this is not downtown):


I take a few more shots ... since DRIVING IN RUSH HOUR, STOP AND GO TRAFFIC WITH THE SUN IN MY EYES WAS NOT CHALLENGING ENOUGH ...
Arrive at my doctors, wait about 15 minutes and back out in the car and on the road to Walgreen's.

Saw the WEIRDEST thing! A guy was getting on a bus and placed his bike in a rack on the front of the bus! How GREEN of Houston! I got a crappy photo shooting backwards through the dirty back window - proof:

Arrived at Walgreen's at 8:30 and knew I was going to get rid of our crap to the Salvation Army!
Home by 9:20.

The Salvation Army didn't show for a couple of hours - but took all our big bulky donation items away ...

While the Salvation Army was rearranging the back of their truck and then moving my stuff in - I wanted to be outside - just in case they had any question about what went and what stayed (Gary has some very nice stuff in that garage ...) -

so -

of course -

I had to take photos!

My chicks-n-hens are growing beautifully! And see Nursery 1? Cute little babies from the growth that sprouts out of a dropped leaf, petal - what ever they would be called ...

So this guy drops a 'leaf' ....

And this is what I get below:
My biggest 'baby':
I noticed a bunch of tiny babies growing off leaves that had dropped into the dirt behind our bushes - so I rescued them and put them in the other pot. Nursery 2:
I wonder how long it will take for it to look like its ... Mom? Dad?
Took a few texture photos ... one can never have too many photos of these funky plants ....
I rescued a couple of miniature rose bushes from Walgreen's a week ago, so it got some photo time too:
The Salvation Army truck pulled away and I was back to my question from the day before:

Work? Goof Off?

But something was very different on Friday from Thursday.

Mr Amazon had dropped by before the Salvation Army truck arrived and delivered something I got for the cruise:

I know, I know - I have one:

but he is acting hinky and he is my little workhorse! I looked around for the exact camera, but that seemed just wrong, so I got the 210 instead of the 200.

So - on to the big difference between the two days:

Friday had a rule:

"No taking photos with the new camera until the craft room is clean"

Required a little bit of restraint, but the battery was charging so it didn't work anyway.

I cleaned so well that even the bathroom was free from anything lurking about in the shadows (a favorite place for me to temporarily stash stuff so the craft room looks clean):

Oh! Ummm..... don't look in the closet - it doesn't count - it was a disaster area before the rearranging.

So nice to be done ... and the camera comes out!


Got distracted by the thread for a bit:

My panorama:

Then on to test a few things out.

Close up (the little snail shell there is about 1/2 cm across):

Checking out the depth of field on the 'portrait' setting:
It has a 14x optical zoom. So - photo with no zoom:
Full zoom (same house):
Another zoom set:
Not bad!
Sparkly water .... just because ...
And then I played with my photos for a bit, picked up a pile of stuff and put it away here, cleaned out another box there - so a bit of progress.

And just when the 'real' work started, I stopped taking photos - because, well ... I was working!

Gary had arrived home early ... he is assistant scoutmaster and there was a campout Friday night - so just a photo depicting the rest of my work for the day:

Loaded his truck, sent him on his way and suddenly - I was home ...

... alone

Bet you can guess just what I spent the rest of the night doing!

3 comments:

Vicki said...

Okay, so I'm fascinated with the thread. What do you do with it? Do you sew that much? I can't imagine what I would do with that many different shades of thread. I have a drawer full, but certainly not that variety.

Lori Hurst said...

The thread is actually necessary for the embroidery I do on the sewing machine. My sewing machine is awesome - it does machine embroidery - you buy chips of programmed items and it does all the work!

Like when I did Jessie's Disney Princess quilt - it embroiders the princesses. So - take Cinderella in her blue ball gown - I needed, if I remember right, 8 different shades of blue. It would all be rather scary if my machine didn't embroider ... but it does - and you just buy all the thread in a kit!

Court said...

And the photos of your thread are gorgeous!